Hey Pa, im sure you're not reading this, but just know that we are all thinking about you and hope you have a quick recovery. We love you very much. <---- Who is that young guy?
Hey, Aar Bear,this is Cara, i liked your posting and picture of dad, he looks way different without his mustache. But don't shock me and tell me that's you, Love Ya, keep checking my blog. My posting name is JasonDolleyGirl, right now i have two Jason Dolley music videos, check it out. Love Ya very much Cara
Nancy and I went to the store for some beer and wine (and Ben and Jerry's of course) following Autum's game, and stopped in at the local Blockbuster. I found a great film. It is a testament to just how nerdy and obsessed I was with video games growing up. The film is a documentary by the name of The King Of Kong . I was thrilled to see guys my age, even dorkier than myself with a passion for something society had us believe, was a waste of time. The central focus is on the arcade classic, Donkey Kong, and a couple willies trying to become the Guinness world record holder for high score. While that in itself may not sound too exciting, the story is real intense, and it will have you engrossed in the characters, and story line. I highly recommend this film if you can get your hands on it. So this movie has inspired me to blog here a little bit. Growing up, video games were a huge part of my day, and my life. One of my first gaming exeriences I can remember was the neighbors, the ...
Last week found me travelling to Seattle to do some work. I flew in on Wednesday to SEA/TAC to find a very pleasant day. Not a cloud in the sky, and just a nice, brisk temperature. It is refreshing to me to be in this type of weather, especially after nearly 10 years here in Southern California, where we really have just two seasons. These being Summer, and then the rest of the time. I was there, from a IT perspective, to close three Cosi stores. None of the locations are really in Seattle. They are in the outlying cities of Mill Creek, Redmond, and Woodinville. While Cosi is really well known on the East Coast, everyone there loves it, but outside of that, it seems to be difficult to market, and the brand is infrequently recognized. I was here a couple years ago, as a rookie in the POS league, installing the Woodinville location. You know, it makes me feel a little sad that now, I have to return, not to repair or to improve the system, but instead, to completely dismantle it. I never ...
If anyone took my suggestion and saw the documentary The King Of Kong: A Fistful Of Quarters, they name Steve Wiebe would ring a bell. He was the world record holder of Donkey Kong for a while, until Billy Mitchell's score was submitted, via mail on a videotape. Steve Wie be is the competetor you would want to root for. He always vied for the title in a live environment, in a real arcade, with spectators all around. Billy never seemed to participate in live tournaments, but instead opting for videotaping his game and submitting it to Twin Galaxies , the governing body of classic video gaming, including overseeing the journal of high scores. Twin Galaxies had previously denied a videotaped submission from Steve Wiebe, which would have blown away Billy's standing record. They cited the fact that the tape had left Wiebe's possession, that it could have been altered, and therefore deemed inadmissible. If you see the film, chances are that you will initially be taken by Billy Mi...
Comments