1-5-4 Triple Play
Nancy and I were out at Autumn's softball game on Saturday night. This game by the way was pretty exciting by the way. In our three years of Carlsbad girls spring ball, fall ball, and All Stars, we have never seen quite an exciting game. Many times we had witnessed close games, but never quite like last night.

Autumn's team was up 9-8 in the bottom of the ninth. The opposing team had last ups, and after three straight batters, we found that the bases were loaded. I thought "Oh my god, here we go again", as we had lost many close games before late in the game.
I turned my head to look at the game going on behind us on the other field, as there was quite a bit of hooting and hollering going on over there, and I was sure we were going to lose this game, so I thought I would be OK to look away for a bit. But I was wrong, and I missed the play of the year on our field. Bases loaded, the batter at the plate. What came next was pretty amazing. Our team pulled a 1-5-4 triple play. It was incredible. The ball was hit directly to the pitcher, threw to third, and then to second. Their coach was too aggressive and had the baserunners pretty far off the bags. They had no chance to touch up. Nobody say it coming, or could even remember another triple play in recent history. It was great (or so Im told.. Bad dad), and the girls were elated. Even more so when they found out that the mom with snack duty that night brought pizza!!! Pretty fine.
So, after such a dramatic game, Nancy and I needed a drink, and that will segue into my next entry............
Comments
PS why doesn't anyone else vote on your poll???